Tuesday, September 9, 2008

"Mommy, I don't feel very good"

Yesterday at five-thirty in the morning as I was getting ready to go to work, I was startled by my baby gurl. There she stood with a scratchy - icky throat and a stuffy nose. She said, "Mommy, I don't feel very good." I told her to go ahead and climb into my bed and get some rest. That I would call her through out the day to check on her. Before I could even dial the phone, there she was calling me, and her little voice saying, "Mommy I don't feel very good." As I got off work, I walked into the house set my bag down and went over to the couch to see how she was. I sat down with her, she climbed onto my lap and laid her head in the nip of my neck and said, "Mommy I don't feel very good." I began to rock her. All this brought back so many memories.
When Moll was a toddler and I was sitting on the couch she would climb up onto my lap and lay her head in the nip of my neck and say, "Mommy I don't feel very well." If I got up to do dishes or clean the house she would follow me. But the minute I sat down she would climb on my lap. I would rock her back an forth until she went to sleep.
Well, yesterday, her being so sick, brought all them back. And it shown me that just because she is a teenager, making her own choices in life, she is still my baby gurl. And there are times that she still needs her mommy. Yesterday and today are one of them times.
Mollie, Mommy loves you so much. I will always be here when you don't feel very well and when you need that special hug. You have brought so much joy into my life. Thank you! I hope you get feeling better sweetie.... I love you!

1 comments:

Mollie Criner said...

you took pictures of me while i was sick, mom, i so really wasn't feeling good