My Mother's Day weekend started on Saturday, only because Scott starts work on Sunday afternoons. So Saturday morning-ish as I was sitting doing my homework, Scott and the kids brought me in some flowers and the most beautiful card.
Each one of them wrote in it, Mollie made sure she let me know how much she loves me and how thankful she is to have me always being there for her and helping her and how I am the best mom ever etc. etc.
Scott had added some words that choked me up a bit telling me how much he loves me and how thankful he is that I am the mother of his children
and then Cody, for all of you that know that I am not Cody's biological mom, but I have pretty much raised him since he was a year old and he is 16 now, I have never influenced him in any way to call me mom at all. He has always just called me Terri.
Well, but for years, I have also questioned his feelings towards me, how he thought of me, did he just consider me 'His DAD's wife' that is how Amber and James looks at me.... anyways, When I read his all he wrote was "Happy Mother's Day Terri, You are really MY MoM I love you!"
Well my question were answered, and I wept. I hugged him so tight and I told both my kids how proud I am that THEY are my children. You can receive nice gifts or a lot of gifts, but sometimes it is the words of a child, a hug, or even just a smile that will mean the most to you.
My mom passed away 13 years ago, but there is never a day that goes by that I don't think about her, that I don't miss her, or that I wonder if she would be proud of me today.
When I see my sisters, I see my mother, I find some of the things I do or say that is totally my mom. But I am so grateful for her examples that she left to me and my sisters and even my brother, I am so very grateful to her for setting the foundation of the gospel in our family so I can pass it on to my children. Mommy I miss you, I thank you for all your teachings, for helping me get through the sad times I went through, for listening to me when I needed someone to talk to. And for loving me and accepting me for who I am... I miss you so much, I love you mom!

0 comments:
Post a Comment