Saturday, September 13, 2008

Cody's First Dance & Date

Two weeks ago Cody called me at work at said, "Hey Ter I got asked to homecoming today can I go?" I laughed and said, "Cody you know your not 16 yet and I won't let you go on a one on one date." He said," Ya, I know, but Hayley's grandma just called me to see if I would take her because she really trusts me and Hayley really wants to go. So, after a small conversation, it all came out that Cody would take Hayley to the dance. Even though he didn't want to go, he did it because Hayley wanted too.... go figure! lol! I am so proud of Cody and the young man he is becoming. It brings tears to my eyes when I look at him and how handsome he is getting. I remember this little blonde haired boy that loved going swimming and eating Mac & Cheese. He is at the point in his life that girls are ok .... but NOT the total factor....his guitar and music is still the main thing and then his video games comes next. Somewhere in there the girls pop into his mind. I am grateful that he doesn't just focus on them.


Hayley became Mollie's first friend when we moved out here to Alaska. She lives with her grandparents a few streets from us. She is silly and crazy and is a freshman. She became friends not with just Moll but with Cody as well. All three of them hang out and ride the 4-wheeler, watch movies or pick on Scott. She is a beautiful young women.
Hayley wanted Mollie to be in one picture with them, while Cody was thinking, "Hey this is my date not yours" LOL!

Her corsage is done up in rhinestones, chocolate ribbon, and an off white rose sprinkled with chocolate glitter. Her dress is a chocolate brown, off white bubble dress.

I couldn't believe how excited I was helping Cody prepare for this, picking out the corsage, deciding where they were going to go to dinner, who was driving them there and picking them up. Back when I was in High School I would of died to have my parents be my chauffer,but Cody and Hayley didn't care. They were so cool about it. The two of them were so nervous, Hayley called me like four times while they were at the resturant. I laughed at her and told her to talk to Cody or some of the other kids that were there with them. But I am glad this night is over in a way but I can't wait to here all about his date in the morning.


3 comments:

Cyndy and George said...

WOW! Hard to believe Cody is dating. I think I am getting very old....

Ter said...

Dating and Driving.....so fast this day came, but I am so glad he is responsible and makes great choices...

Talking about getting old, I felt that same way when I was reading Heidi's blog, the part of Trent's birthday, and she said she is 28!!!OH MY GOODNESS!!! I know I am old now!! hehehe

Mollie Criner said...

my brother is so handsome, it is funny that he took my best friend tho, i can't wait til i get to go to the dances...