Monday, September 29, 2008

**A Tribute to Will**

What are friends? and How long do they last? Is it a minute or maybe just a second, or do friends last forever like eternal marriages?

I beleive that friendships are like eternal marriages, when we die, we will all see each other again. We are all families that last forever!

Scott has had this friend he has known like forever, and they were perty dang close while we lived in Utah. My nights that I worked no matter how sick Scott was, he would take Will's wife Bonnie to work at the Walmart there, then go back to Will's house and hang out with him for a couple of hours a night. If Scott didn't go over there, you knew he was really hurtin'.

Will and Scott would eat pizza and watch the military channel together, see Will wasn't able to serve our country do to his health but he loved his country so much that he supported the military troops in everything. Scott would go over there and listen to his stories and (as Scott would call them Will's adventures) anyways, they bonded very closely for the last 8 months we lived in Tooele Utah. Will's health was worse than Scott's, he was very ill. You could name a Medical problem and he probably had it. So the two of them were each other's comfort. Not only would they talk about military things but they would discuss doctors, their pain, and how they wished they could do things they use too.

Well, this early monday morning, Bonnie, Will's wife, found him passed away in bed. How sadden we are to have heard of this, but Scott knew when we left for Alaska that that would be the last time he seen Will alive, and it was. As we mourn of our dear friend this poem came to my mind. So, in tribute to Will, I wish to share with everyone whom reads my blog.

"If tomorrow starts without me"

If tomorrow starts with me,
And I'm not there to see,
If the sun should rise and find your eyes
all filled with tears for me;
I wish so much you wouldn't cry
the way you did today,
While thinking of the many things,
We didn't get to say.
I know how much you love me,
And each time you think of me
I know you'll miss me too;

But when tomorrow starts without me,
Please try to understand,
that an angel came and called my name,
And took me by the hand,

And said my place was ready,
In heaven far above,
And that I'd hato leave behind
all those I dearly love.

But as I turned to walk away,
A tear fell from my eye,
For all my life, I'd always thought!
I didn't want to die.

I had so much to live for,
So much left yet to do,
it seemed almost impossible,
that I was leaving you.
I thought of all the yesterdays,
The good ones and the bad,
I thought of all that we shared,
And all the fun we had.
If I could relive yesterday,
Just even for a while,
I'd say good-bye and kiss you
and maybe see you smile.

But then I fully realized
that this could never be,
For emptiness and memories,
would take the place of me.
And when I thought of worldly things,
I might miss some tomorrow,
I thought of you, and when I did,
My heart was filled with sorrow.

But when I walked through heaven's gates,
I felt so much at home,
When God looked down and smiled at me
From his great golden throne,
He said, "This is eternity,
And all I've promised you."
Today your life on earthis past,
but here life starts anew.

I promise no tomorrow,
But today will always last,
and since each day is the same way,
There's no longing for the past.

So when tomorrow starts without me,
don't think we're far apart,
For every time you think of me,
I'm right here in your heart.

Our prayers are with you Bonnie and the Mair Family. You will be with him again.

2 comments:

Cyndy and George said...

I am sorry for your loss!

Ter said...

thank you cyndy!