Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Mt. Redoubt errupts......


Mt. Redoubt errupted March 23, 2009. Were we prepared, not as prepared as I knew I should have been. Did it effect us badly? Well we had no power for a couple of hours, we started to loose heat about 45 minutes before the power came on, We weren't effected with the ash or anything like that but as far as fear it was there with in us all. Would we make it? What would I do to protect my family? This move to Alaska has helped me grow in so many ways.
Last night I went to Enrichment Night, we talked about how prepared we all were during this time. And if we felt the media and observatory professionals had given us all enough time to prepare us. At that moment, I knew that I wasn't the only one that wasn't as prepared as we should have been, and what a great learning experience it was for us. And also, how we all take certain things for granted, such as electricity, heat, and water! Even though a volcano errupts every 20 years there are so many around us, that this experience has already helped me to start preparing for more natural things to happen around us.
I am so grateful for my relief society presidency and all the other sisters in my ward. Heavenly Father has really blessed myself and my family as he sent us on this journey we have endured.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad you all are all right! we had a big blizzard hit us on monday and we have another one next monnday! got to love South Dakota