This is our Young Women's General Authority President, Sister Elaine S. Dalton. This was what her talk was on last night at the broadcasting we watched at the Soldotna Stake Center here in Soldotna Alaska.
I had the privilage to attend this broadcasting with my daughter Mollie, and I really liked the opening comment Sister Dalton made,she said, "One of the most frequent questions I am asked is, “How does a mother of five sons and only one daughter qualify to be the Young Women general president?” My reply is always the same: “It’s because I have one perfect daughter, and I know all the boy secrets!” Tonight my sons have given me permission to reveal one of those secrets to you. It is this: virtuous young men are attracted to virtuous young women.
I too feel I have one perfect daughter. Yet what is perfect?
As Mollie and I listened it was such an uplifting inspiration, when I left my Young Women's calling in Utah I was really worried that I would not beable to attend another broadcasting and hear our great leaders speak, then I remembered how blessed I am because my baby girl is in Young Women's and as lucky as I am, this time I get to attend them with her along with the wonderful young women in the ward.
As Mollie listened, I could see she was touched by the messages given, and when we got home I asked her, So Moll what did you learn most or what touched you the most tonight during the broadcasting, and she said, that I need to be virtous, so I can attend the temple when I get older. And that I need to 'Pray, Read my scriptures, and Smile'! After talking to Moll I wanted to see what my son had to say about girls, I wanted to know his secret. I went into his room and said, "Cody, what do you want from a young girl? He asked me what I meant, and I said, well when you are looking for a girlfriend, (and he said I am not) but if you were I said, what would attract you to her? He looked at me and said how she presented her self, if she didn't dress skimpy. and she didn't swear alot. I was proud of him, because even though he don't attend church as much as I would like him to, he too has values, and he does still believe.
I am so grateful for my children, they have brought more joy into my life than I could ever imagine. I pray that they will always stay on the righteous path and they will always be the example I look up too.
I also enjoyed listening to our wonderful Prophet speak, how I love to hear his words. It didn't surprise me when his talk was on Courage. He said:Tonight I’d like to talk with you about the courage you will need in three aspects of your lives:
First, the courage to refrain from judging others;
Second, the courage to be chaste and virtuous; and
Third, the courage to stand firm for truth and righteousness.
First, the courage to refrain from judging others;
Second, the courage to be chaste and virtuous; and
Third, the courage to stand firm for truth and righteousness.
These are a few topics that Mollie and I have been talking about the last week or so. I hope that she took heed to these words and I pray that when we talk (her and I) that she will know that Heavenly Father is guiding me to teach her and help her through life.
I love you Moll and Cody


0 comments:
Post a Comment